Even Balance, Inc.
814 San Jacinto Blvd Suite 303
Austin, Texas 78701
For product support issues, etc. please use our
Web Ticket System.
To report hacks/cheats, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Even Balance, Inc. spearheads the effort to fight cheating in the online multiplayer gaming
industry. Our flagship product, PunkBuster™, spawned the Anti-Cheat movement in online gaming
several years ago and was the first system proven effective against cheating in online games.
Our PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software technology and services combat online cheating in
some of the most popular games being played over the Internet today. We also serve the online
gaming communities that surround the games we support by keeping in direct contact with players,
server administrators and league officials always watching for new developments in the
"online game cheating world". We understand and appreciate the tremendous number of resources
that game developers allocate toward game balance during game design and implementation.
We take on the often burdensome task of protecting that balance out in the real online world
where dishonest players (we call them punks) hack and wrongfully exploit the published game
for their own benefit at the expense of the honest player who expects and deserves fun, fair
competition. Too many online games and related communities have been destroyed by cheating
activity over the past few years. Now, honest players have someone on their side ... PunkBuster™!
The use of PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software is optional and has always been provided without
direct cost to our users. We believe that the cost to provide Anti-Cheat protection should be
built into the cost of online games. Therefore, we contract directly with game developers and/or
publishers who wish to have our software and services associated with their online gaming
products. If your favorite game does not yet have integrated PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat technology
available, let the game's developer and/or publisher know how important this issue is to
you. If you are a game developer or publisher and would like information about integrating
PunkBuster™ into your online games, please contact us via email at
(some editions of PunkBuster™ do not have all of these features)
- Real-time scanning of memory by PB Client on players' computers searching for known hacks/cheats
- Throttled two-tiered background auto-update system using multiple Internet Master Servers to provide end-user security ensuring that no false or corrupted updates can be installed on players' computers
- Frequent status reports (highly encrypted) are sent to the PB Server by all players and the PB Server raises a violation when necessary which causes the offending player to be removed from the game and all other players are informed of the violation
- PB Admins can also manually remove players from the game for a specified number of minutes or permanently ban if desired
- PB Servers can optionally be configured to randomly check player settings looking for known exploits of the game engine
- PB Admins can request actual screenshot samples from specific players and/or can configure the PB Server to randomly grab screenshot samples from players during gameplay
- An optional "bad name" facility is provided so that PB Admins can prevent players from using offensive player names containing unwanted profanity or racial slurs
- Search functions are provided for PB Admins who wish to search player's keybindings and scripts for anything that may be known to exploit the game
- The PunkBuster™ Player Power facility can be configured to allow players to self-administer game servers when the Server Administrator is not present entirely without the need for passwords
- PB Servers have an optional built-in mini http web server interface that allows the game server to be remotely administered via a web browser from anywhere over the Internet